The Town of Washington will hold its regularly scheduled Council meeting on Monday, May 9, 2016 at 7:00 p.m at Town Hall.
Highlights from the agenda include:
- Continued discussion of marketing and sale of Avon Hall, possible consideration of a formal offer to purchase a portion of Avon Hall and authorization of a public hearing as to whether a portion of the Avon Hall property should be sold on stated terms and conditions as set forth in a formal offer
- Public hearing on the FY 2016-2017 Budget
- Discussion of the Meals and Lodging taxes
- Consideration of Country Water Systems proposal to repair the water level indicator
- Possible repair proposals to the Wastewater Treatment System.
Council may enter into closed session in accordance with the provisions of Section 2.2-3711.3 to discuss and consider the disposition of publicly held property, namely all or a portion of the Avon Hall property, where discussion in an open meeting would adversely affect the bargaining position and negotiating strategy of the Town Council; and further in accordance with the provisions of Section 2.2-3711.7 for consultation with the town attorney regarding a specific legal matter, namely contract matters relating to Avon Hall, requiring the provision of legal advice by the town attorney.
485 Gay Street
Washington, VA 22747
Rappnet is a self-moderated discussion forum delivered to subscribers by email, serving Rappahannock County. Click here to join.
Rappnet.org houses the ListServ and community-submitted current affairs.