Archives & Controls
RAPPNet’s Archive of Past Posts
To Check RAPPNet’s Post Archive Go to:
You’ll need your RAPPNet account password to get in. The rest of the world, those who are not members of RAPPNet, do not have access to RAPPNet’s email posts or archives.
Don’t Know your RAPPNet Password?
Go to http://list.rappnet.org/mailman/listinfo/rappnet_list.rappnet.org and scroll down to the very bottom, then enter your email address and click “Unsubscribe or edit options”. On the next screen click “Remind” and your password will be emailed to you.
Accessing Your Rappnet Control Panel
Every Member Can Control Their Own Delivery Options
Your Control Panel can be accessed several ways.
- The first of each month, the list sends a reminder that includes your password and it contains a direct link to your your Control Panel. Or…
- When you send a post, your “Post acknowledgement” email also contains a link to your Control Panel. If you save this link somewhere, it’s the easiest way to jump right to your Control Panel anytime you want. Or…
- Go directly to your Control Panel.
Go to http://list.rappnet.org/mailman/listinfo/rappnet_list.rappnet.org (This link opens in a new window) and scroll down to the very bottom, then enter your email address and click “Unsubscribe or edit options”. You’ll be prompted for your password. (If you don’t know it, you can click the “Remind” button and your password will be emailed to you). Entering your password and logging in will take you directly to your User Control Panel.
Starting at the top of the page and going down, you’ll see places to:
- Change your email address
- Unsubscribe your email address
- Change your Password
- Have a password reminder emailed to you
The section below that is for your email delivery options.
Set the buttons for the options you want. NOTE: You MUST click the “Submit My Changes” button at the bottom of the page for the changes to take effect. Some of the options are:
- You can enable or disable delivery (Turn off Rappnet emails while on vacation for instance)
- Get the Digest version of RAPPNet
- “Get MIME or Plain Text Digests” means with or without formatting like italics, bold type, etc.
- Topic Categories. This is where you can set up Local Rappnet delivery. To turn on the “Local Rappnet only” option:
- Check the “Local Rapp Discussion”checkbox.
- Make sure the Digest version of Rappnet is turned off so Local Rappnet will work. (Please note, there is no digest version of Local Rappnet)
- Be sure the:”Do you want to receive messages that do not match any topic filter?” checkbox in the next section below is set to “No”
Once these 3 settings are correct, you’ll only get the posts with “Loc:” in the subject line. See General Posting Information for full info on “Local Rappnet”, how it works, and the Local posting guidelines.
Most of the settings are self explanatory. If you have a question, or make a mistake that you can’t fix, just write me (Eric) at email@example.com and I’ll be happy to help.